Monday, December 10, 2018

Applying for Canadian Visa from the US

Decided to write on this given felt that it was one of the most confusing visa's I have applied for.

The following website is a good place to read up on the prelim stuff.
https://www.desi-compile.com/applying-canadian-visitor-visa-step-step-guide/
I, unfortunately, had issues with my browser (Chrome- given it was translating pages and kept redirecting me a million times)

Online application
  1. Go to the following page and determine your need for the visa/travel https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
  2. Once done, they will give you a reference code and a document checklist to keep handy and will help you to fill the visa document.  I had the misfortune where my browser kept giving me the following error  
  3. ERROR Message that I kept getting
  4. Realized after surfing a million pages and after installing adobe a number of times that it was just a glitch on the system and once you download the PDF (IMM5257E)  it will be sorted out. This means you will get a fillable application.
  5. Once you are done downloading the application and filled it in create a MyCIC login via this link
  6. Most likely you will have to register for a GCkey (if you have never applied for a visa prior to this)
  7. Once logged in choose ‘Visitor visa, study and/or work permit’ service to continue. You will be asked to enter the personal reference code you received in the step above. (P.s.- I kept getting redirected at this point- I finally used internet explorer and then things went smoothly thereafter)
  8. Follow instructions thereafter and it should be smooth sailing. You will have to upload documents (travel history and family history etc), pay stubs, employer letter and what not. At the end of this, you will pay for the application and then finally submit it.
  9. You will then receive an email stating that they have got your application.
  10. Within next 1-2 business weeks (please check processing times online- it depends on the place where you have applied from), you will receive an email from CIC asking you to submit your passport to VAC (Visa Application Center). This indicates that your application was approved and now CIC needs your passport to stamp the visa. (This step is the most confusing part of the process as the email from CIC is not descriptive enough and causes confusion among applicants).
Sending the passport

  1. Follow the link in the letter sent by CIC above- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html
  2. Find the center based on geographic location. In the USA it is either LA or New York.
  3. Find the VAC website which should be mentioned below the options available.
This is the most confusing part of the application.
  1. You will have to submit the following in the mail (by UPS)
    1. Cashiers check/Money order- Get it from nearby local businesses which might charge 1 dollar to do the same. A bank may charge you 7 dollars which is half the cost of the money you are sending. ($19.90). The fees are listed here. I guess when I submitted my application this place just opened up and hence there was no UPS return fee available, which I expect will change with time.
    2. Letter from the embassy
    3. TTS services consent form
    4. Passport
    5. Return shipping label by UPS (go to the nearest UPS store who will help you out with this)
Got my passport back in 2-3 weeks (again no updates from the VAC center regarding the reciept of my passport or no. Thankfully I had UPS on my side and I knew they had definitely received it but still it was nerve wracking waiting for an answer)

Hopefully, this helps a bit. Best of luck!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing surely will keep in mind these useful tips as i am willing to apply for Canada visa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your post and definitely will come back someday. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

    Buy fake German passport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    Many thanks to you for offering the learned blog to us. I trust that you will post a lot more sites with us. We give passport documents best administrations in the entire world as a diplomatic visa available to be purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work ! I am planning to travel but I was confused about flight bookings, your post gave me an amazing idea to explore for Canada visa . Nice post, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog thanks for sharing with us...
    Canada is the best destination for international people. If you want to come to Canada then you can contact us. We are the best Canada migration consultants in Qatar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear admin! This blog is so informative, Kindly write more about it.
    Canada is the best destination for international people. If you want to come to Canada then you can contact us...

    Immigration consultant in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete