Monday, November 10, 2014

Credentials Verification process

This post is on how you can get your credentials (medical degree/diploma) verified the fastest.

This is NOT meant for all occasions but only meant when you are in desperate need to fasten the process so that you can get more interviews. The forms that should be filled is Form 345 ONLY.

NOTE before you read this: 


  • Points 2-5 can be skipped if you are mailing them via post. It resumes from point 6 once they receive your documents.
  • My college takes part in EMSWP and guess maybe that is why it took a shortened amount of time.
  • I have no idea what interaction took place between my college and ECFMG. All I can say is that once my college verified the credentials they notified me that it was done. I did not bother asking what transpired between them, as I was just happy it was done :) 
The process goes like this
  1. Graduate and get your degree.
  2. Call ECFMG and ask them what documents you will need to verify your degree. Note the name of the person you are talking. 
  3. Politely ask them if it would be possible to fax your final medical degree along with form 345 (each 2 copies).  Generally the answer is yes, if so then ask for the fax number. Thank them since this is a favour that they are doing for you and not something they do on a general basis.
  4. Write a covering letter addressing the person you spoke to, telling them to find the documents you had said that you would be faxing.
  5. Fax the covering letter followed by the Medical Diploma (2 copies) and Form 345 (2 copies). That’s it.
  6. In 2 days (at the most) they will send you an email stating that they have received your degree and are verifying the same.
  7. Next your college is sent an email by ECFMG to verify that the degree you sent is yours and that you graduated from that college.
  8. Within the next 5-6 days they update the status in OASIS stating the medical credentials received and verified.

Also do change your address in OASIS to your current one. I mean supposing you are in the States at the moment update the address to the States one, since that is where your certificate will go.


My entire process took around 2-3 weeks at the most.

Best of luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Does your med school participate in EMSWP..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about transcripts ? Was ur college asked to upload transcripts after ecfmg received a copy of the degree

    ReplyDelete
  3. My college doesn't participate EMSWP. I have sent them all the documents 50 days back and they told me they have received all the documents and I got letter from ECFMG saying that your documents have been sent to your medical school for verification. I checked many times in student section but college has not received anything. What should I do? I called ECFMG to post it via FedEx or other courier services but they refused me and told me they will send via FedEx only if I provide them my fedex account number. In India fedex doesn't open any account for individual use. So what should I do?

    ReplyDelete